On Monday December 14th from 2.00pm to 4.15pm a RURALIZATION project national conference ‘Facilitating our Future Farmers: National and International Perspectives’ will be held in Ireland.
Among the aims of RURALIZATION project is to identify and assess innovative ways to facilitate new entrants into farming, succession and access to farmland. Focusing on national and international perspectives, practices explored as part of initial research carried out for the RURALIZATION project will be discussed at the conference. The NEWBIE Horizon 2020 project will also discuss the experience of collaborative farming. Wider issues related to generational renewal in agriculture and facilitating our future farmers will also be explored such as the intergenerational perspective and why farmers go organic. Speaking at the conference are:
- Maura Farrell, NUI Galway and the National Rural Network
- Anne Kinsella, Senior Research Officer, Teagasc
- Shane Conway, Postdoctoral Researcher, NUI Galway and the National Rural Network
- Aisling Murtagh, Postdoctoral Researcher, NUI Galway
- Teresa Hooks, Research and Development Officer, National Rural Network and Irish Rural Link
- John Moriarty, NEWBIE Project ADO, Teagasc
This online conference is co-hosted by the RURALIZATION project at NUI Galway Rural Studies and Ireland’s National Rural Network.
Check out the full agenda here